Sunday, April 17, 2011

Abode Challenge Reminder

So much to write! There has been so much going on lately.

Our Abode Challenge is coming to a close. This is the official one week notice for those who still want to donate any items. Thank you so much to everyone who has so generously donated so far! We have a really amazing collection of items to give to Abode, so they can help as many homeless families as possible. Easter Sunday is the deadline to drop stuff off, or let me know if you'd like me to pick up from you.

If you're still interested in donating, here are some items from the wish list that we don't have yet:
*peanut butter
*saltine crackers
*coffee
*bottled water
*raisins
*birthday candles
*party favors
*holiday-specific decorations
*masking tape
*plastic food (toys)
*formula
*sippy cups
*shaving cream
*new umbrellas
*new dish towels
*new pot holders

If anyone is interested in coming with me to donate all the items, let me know.

On another note, I just set up a wholesale account with Herb Lore, a local company owned by herbalist Pam Caldwell. Pam is so incredibly knowledgeable about herbs and natural remedies for all kinds of stuff, but her specialty is working with pregnancy, birth, postpartum, lactation, and women's health. All the midwives in the Bay Area love her because her products are so great. I am so excited about this new adventure!

Basically, I (I mean, Generations Midwifery Service) is now considered a retail outlet for Herb Lore's products, which means I purchase them at a wholesale price and can then offer them for sale to my clients (and friends). Herb Lore's web site is www.herblore.com. I am planning to place my first order tomorrow (4/18), so if anyone wants anything right away, let me know. There's no rush for this, since I plan to make this something I can offer from now on. I have pretty much accepted the fact that herbs are the one bit of midwifery I feel the least confident about, which is why I am so glad I can rely on Pam, a professional herbalist I trust. I know I still need to learn herbalism myself, but this helps me feel less pressured, which is a relief.

1 comment:

amy said...

I got 4 sippy cups and masking tape today. I'll see you tomorrow after I raid my mom's cupboards for un-opened cake stuff.