I'm no longer a doula!
This is a good thing :) I've spent the last few days cleaning out all my old files, email, records, and all kinds of doula-related misc. at home. I have now officially transitioned to a licensed midwife who provides midwifery labor support. Essentially, it's the same thing, although now that I charge twice as much, I have to make it sound more extensive.
I loved working as a doula, and I am so excited to move on to the next chapter of life.
A year ago today, I was in Sacramento taking the NARM exam so I could earn my midwifery license. I can't believe it has only been one year, since it feels like almost another lifetime ago. So much has happened since then.
Friends of mine from all across the country are taking the exam today, and I've been sending them love and good wishes. I know they'll be fine.
One of these days, I would like to figure out how to display a collage of photos and cards I've collected from doula clients over the years. Or maybe I should wait until I have an actual office space. I'm not sure. Someone involved in the birth world once told me that I should create a "love box" that is full of nice cards and letters from clients who have said nice things about me. She said on an inevitable dark day, I could sit and read through the love box as a way to stay motivated and refreshed about this work. I think I like that idea.
Oh, it feels so uplifting to be able to say I am moving on to the next step on my journey, especially since midwifery is the reason I started doing doula work in the first place. I needed to start somewhere, and now I have finished the first step!
2 comments:
I vote for strating the "love box" now and displaying a bulletin board of some of your favorite keepsakes. That way it will be ready to be displayed in your new office (when you'll be so busy that you sure won't have time to put it together).
Go, Love, go!
Louis
congrats! I actually have been refering to you as my friend, the midwife, for quite some time now ;)
Post a Comment