Recently, I've been asked to list something or things that I really love doing or that I have a great interest in. The first time I was asked was at our family to family class and I was totally caught off guard. I really couldn't think of very many things that I loved. Just for fun, I have since put more thought into the question, so here is a rough draft of a list of things I love, in no particular order:
I love . . .
Listening to the rain from inside a cozy, warm house
Anything glittery - eye makeup, nail polish, shoes, anything
Sitting in a room full of midwives laughing about birth until tears are rolling down my face and it's hard to breathe
Dancing at a nightclub in jeans that fit really well
Researching and finding out info about ancestors I never knew existed
Walking for exercise along the bay trail at the marina
Holding a sleeping baby
Eating fresh, organic, ripe blueberries and strawberries
Watching Disney movies or any of my favorite movies I've already seen 50 times
Turning off my cell phone - ahh...
Believing Louis when he says I am beautiful and loved
Ironing or baking to the music of Patsy Cline
Getting massages, chiropractic adjustments, and acupuncture treatments
Receiving gifts or special heartfelt thank-yous from clients
Staying up all night reading a good book and then sleeping in late the next morning
Having Louis' undivided attention
Eating Bancheros soup and garlic bread
Getting through one full month with money to pay all the bills
Hair cuts from Fred at Tomos in Alameda
Receiving items off my amazon wish list
Watching my mentors at work doing what makes them great
Watching the sunrise while eating birthday cake after a beautiful homebirth
Well, once I got started, I guess I realized it's not so hard after all to name what I love. Maybe I should make a list once a year and then read through it anytime I feel down. Am I the only one who had a hard time coming up with a list at first, though? What's on your list?
1 comment:
here're some of the things i love (not in order):
-wonder woman
-hanging out with friends
-figuring out a more efficient way of doing something
-hammock and reading on my hammock
-taiwan
-speaking mandarin
-dexter
-glee
-hq singing
-hanging out with my grandpa and taking him to see junk (thrift stores, urban ore, flea market)
-riding my bike
dk
Post a Comment