I just joined the Castro Valley Mothers Club. What a hausfrau kind of thing to do.
Anyway, I haven't seen much of my husband lately and I was getting sorta lonely, so I decided to check out what other local moms do for fun. If nothing else, it will be a great advertising opportunity.
The CVMC has more than 300 members and, like, twelve subgroups I could join. Because I'm such a nerd, I decided to join their book club. I don't think I'll finish the January book in time, but the book for February is The Road by Cormac McCarthy and the March book is Hangman's Beautiful Daughter by Sharyn McCrumb. I've never heard of either. Maybe the SL library will have copies.
The next general membership meeting is Tuesday, December 13th in Castro Valley. Anyone want to come with me?
1 comment:
I really liked the Road. It has a pretty unique narrative, albeit a depressing one.
Post a Comment