Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mono

Louis has mono. His whole body aches and all he wants to do is sleep. He took the day off and actually, honest to goodness, rested at home today. No incessant phone calls, no laptop, no meetings, no work. The three of us slept in together and then napped together in the afternoon. Curiously enough, today I felt better than I have in a long time. My body actually doesn't hurt today. I know there has to be some emotional component because I loved having Louis at home today. It's incredibly selfish, because the poor guy wasn't feeling good, but I just loved having his company and attention and his help with Olivia. I hate that I resent his work so much. I know I carry that resentment around and it makes me angry, and then I just feel crappy. I hadn't even realized the connection until today. The week is so long when it's just me and Olivia and sometimes I just get desperate for Louis' help but he can't give it. It's not his fault, and I wish it didn't take a major illness (what's a campaign season without s health crisis?) to make me feel better. Now we have to focus on getting him better. The mono is supposed to last another couple weeks and there's no treatment other than rest. I'm worried that Monday morning and his three jobs will hit him and he'll end up getting worse. There goes my resentment again. We're just gonna have to hope for the best.

No comments: