My friend is growing sunflowers, squash, peppers, cherry tomatoes, and some kind of purple tomato. I'm sure there were some other herbs and things in there, too.
We were only there a short time but I nearly had a panic attack because I saw a trail of ants, thought I saw a worm, and then realized I had to gather up the hose without gloves. I'm terrified of nature and bugs and dirt. Olivia had a blast. She crawled under the big plants, touched leaves and vegetables, and played with the water from the hose. She didn't care the slightest bit about getting dirty.
When it was time to put her back in the car, she threw a major fit. She cried and howled because she didn't want to leave the garden.
I've been thinking about it since we got home, and I think it's time I stop being so ridiculous about being in nature. I don't want Olivia to grow up being afraid like me. Maybe, maybe I can plant one or two things in our backyard with Olivia and get her involved. She would love it. Am I brave enough to face my fear of bugs? Only for Olivia, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment