Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Kitchen Progress

The kitchen remodel is moving along. Still at a painstakingly slow pace, but moving. Our backsplash is going in now, and once it's in, the dishwasher can be moved into place and set up, the oven can be moved in and set up, and the kitchen sink faucet can be hooked up as well.

All our cabinets and countertops are in! Tonight I cut my roll of cork to line some of the drawers. Then I washed most of our silverware and put it away. I vowed to make the kitchen as non-toxic as possible, so I chose natural, sustainable cork as a liner (no toxic glues) and a bamboo silverware organizer.

Our refrigerator is in place and hooked up and it's beautiful :) It's so fancy I still have to figure out what some of the settings do.

Our laundry room has been textured and is now ready for primer and paint. The electrical and water hook ups are in, so as soon as the paint is dry I can move my washer and dryer back in. I cannot wait! I've been hauling laundry over to my parents' for four months now and it's not fun for me or them.

PG&E is picking up our old fridge this Friday and we'll get their $35 rebate plus a rebate for buying an energy efficient fridge, which is cool.

We'll be selling our old oven at a garage sale next month, along with a ton of other stuff. I'm not sure what to do with the scratched cabinet doors, though. Would anyone buy them at a garage sale? Can they still be used by someone?

I know I will love our new kitchen once it's finally done. We're so close!

No comments: