Saturday, October 5, 2013

Free Night

Louis' sister is in town because our nephew (Lamar's son) is having his first birthday party tomorrow. It's been a long time she she was last here, and O feels so much more grown now. It was interesting to discover that Olivia now absolutely adores her aunt. She is such the stereotypical "cool" aunt, with her inappropriate jokes and language, rough playing, creative ideas that test mama's patience, and sharing of non-mama-approved foods and drinks. Naturally, Olivia had a blast tonight. She thinks her auntie is hilarious.

Since "Auntie Lolo" is (unexpectedly) spending the night on our couch, I kind of gave up the idea of working on cleaning the house tonight. I figured we'd watch some Big Bang Theory and chat over dessert late into the night like we always do. But after I put O down to sleep, I went to load the dishwasher and when I came back, auntie was snoring. So much for plans of any kind.

It's too hot to work in my office upstairs, so I'm hanging out in Olivia's room. I gave myself a pedicure while listening to Norah Jones on pandora and I'll be curling up with a new book soon. I've been going to bed at 3 am all week, so now that it's not even 11, I don't really know what to do with myself. I guess I'm taking the night off, woo!

No comments: