Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thermometer

I had a birthday celebration with my family today.  I got lots of smiles and sweet good-bye kisses from my niece.  I wish I could see her more often!

We had a delicious dinner followed by organic fruit for dessert (why did we ever bother with cakes in the past when fruit is much more yummy?).

My parents bought me ... a thermometer!  I am way excited about it, for a couple reasons.  One, the thermometer was the one piece of often-used midwife equipment that I didn't have a professional version of.  I've been using the ten buck thermometers from Target.  They work fine, but they don't look like they inspire a lot of confidence.  Now, I have a super duper WelchAllyn SureTemp 690, aka, "the real deal."  Two, my parents invested a chunk of money on midwifery gear for me, which means they must have faith that I'm actually going to put it to good use.  The midwifery gifts from family kind of stopped over the past couple years, as they were replaced by needed and appreciated baby things and home stuff.  I am super grateful for any gifts I ever receive, and I am especially happy about the midwife ones because it means others believe in me.

I got a new thermometer!  Yay, me!

No comments: