Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Earth Day

Yesterday, we had a painter come over and finish up the trim in the kitchen that we haven't been able to paint for months now. We thought we would do it ourselves, but we should have known better. He also painted our front door espresso to match the shutters out front. He does really good work and also happens to be hilarious, especially when he shares his family drama.

Anyway, while he was sanding yesterday, O and I played in her room. We listened to the Disney Pandora station and we put on dress up clothes and danced around the room singing along. I'm sure I looked like an idiot but we had a lot of fun. She loved it. I love that she's now old enough to enjoy more fun activities and I'm discovering how super creative she is.

When O went down for a nap, I stayed in our bedroom with her to stay out of the painter's way. I cleaned out all my drawers and gathered up a pile of clothes for our next garage sale. I cleaned up the clutter on my dresser and put away laundry. Then, I gathered up all the spare change I could find between my side and Louis' and rolled it up. I came up with more than forty bucks!

When O woke up, we put away her very cool Easter gifts (clothing, art supplies, books) and collected all the plastic or leaded items to return to the store, as we have way too much stuff in this house.

When Louis came home, we all headed to Target, where I exchanged her unwanted Easter stuff for a package of Seventh Generation diapers.

Then, we headed to Costco where we bought our very first fruit tree for our new backyard garden. I used my rolled quarters and felt oh so resourceful.

Less stuff, more fruit, yay. Happy Earth Day!

No comments: