Friday, May 27, 2016

Baby

I've got a bun in the oven. 10 weeks. Hurray!

I've been awol from the blog lately because this pregnancy is bringing me to my knees. Nonstop nausea, fatigue that beats "Texas tired," and hormonal moods swinging and raging all over the place.

Food is the enemy, I can't get enough rest, and the household is falling apart. Quite the humbling experience.

I've been getting acupuncture once a week and I swear it's the only thing keeping me alive. Things are getting better as I get farther along, and I have hope, now that the end of the first trimester is in sight.

Our baby boy is due to arrive in December, hopefully before Christmas. I love that we will have our Christmas tree and decorations up during the birth, because I love seeing homebirths at Christmas time. It's my favorite time of the year!

Big sister Olivia is thrilled. She's been doing a great job keeping herself entertained while I rest on the couch each afternoon. I'm so proud of how independent she's becoming. She's also super interested in watching birth videos so we've incorporated that into our daily resting routine. She asks very good questions and knows what birth at home and even in birth tubs looks and sounds like. She'll be more prepared than I will be.

Louis is happy, of course, and has been busy helping to pick up my slacking around the house, especially with things I cannot handle without vomiting, like cleaning the fridge and taking out the garbage.

So far, we've only told family, close friends, and those who need to know, like Louis' boss and the board at preschool, so I could give them a heads up about having to give up my board seat halfway through the next school year.  Everyone has had a positive reaction, which feels great.

We've had one 3-hour prenatal visit with T, who will be our midwife. I can already feel bumps of movement, which is awesome. I am really excited about our very wanted baby and I wish I felt so much better. One day at a time!

It's a Christmas baby, yay!

No comments: