Haven't written in a while because I've been binge watching Outlander before bed and staying up way too late doing so. Can't wait until season 3 comes out on DVD!
Two weeks ago we lost the journal that O was using for school. On Friday night we showed Louis her entries from the week and then the book just disappeared. Everyone is convinced it is still in the house, so I've been tearing the place apart to find it. So far, the bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, and dining room have all been thoroughly cleaned and organized. Still no journal. So frustrating.
Today was a rare weekend day with Louis at home, so I totally took advantage. In the morning he and O cleaned up a bunch of their stuff in the office. We moved the table to the opposite wall, which opens up the room so much more. I promised O she could have the whole open wall and floor space for her Barbie village, which she's thrilled about. Hopefully it stays contained to that area.
After lunch, I left Louis with both girls and took off to Macy's to find a shirt for our family holiday photo, which we're taking next week. Oh my god, I had the best time. I haven't been shopping since having A, and I think I'm now down about 60 pounds, thanks to her food allergies. I never did find a shirt for the photo but I got a couple capsule-friendly skirts, a couple shirts, and a new pair of shoes. My new shirt is a medium. I've never been a medium my whole freaking life. I'm digging it. I love my new clothes! Oh, and my foot shrunk! It's now a size smaller than it was after I had O. I never even knew that was possible. I'm feeling proud of myself for being responsible today and not buying half the store just because I can fit it now. Thanks to my dabbling in minimalism, I was able to stay focused on what was most practical. I even tried on a bunch of bras to figure out my new size and then came home to order them from Amazon, which is way cheaper. I really loved my shopping time today. The girls had fun at a new park, so everyone wins. I love weekends when my husband is home!
No comments:
Post a Comment