I woke up with a massive migraine and spent most of the day in pain. It's 4:00 pm and I am just now able to function. Ugh, migraines suck.
Okay, so I have a plan. Wait, what's that saying about how we make plans and God laughs? Anyway, here's the deal.
I have a client due at the end of April. As soon as her baby is born and the family is doing well, I am getting myself on a plane to El Paso and spending a month at Casa. Once there, I will suture every chance I can get, I will refresh my prenatal, birth, and postpartum skills, I will catch babies, I will drop 15 pounds (again), I will learn new Spanish words and phrases, and I will come home with confidence that, gosh darnit, will finally STICK. This time, I will not be going as a student, but as a full-fledged midwife. I know it will mean extra responsibility, but the payoffs will be amazing.
Once I come home, Generations Midwifery Service will open for business. I will start accepting home birth midwifery clients with due dates in July 2011 and beyond.
Between now and the time I leave, I have to get everything in order. I'm feeling good about my progress, actually. I have a registration form, progress notes, health history form, social history questionnaire, and medical records release form that I am proud of. I got a national provider ID number from the feds. I'm waiting to hear back from LabCorp about setting up my lab account. By next week, I should have my fictitious business name statement from the county and I will be able to open my checking account. I gave myself a good kick in the pants and I'm finally moving now!
The big projects include developing the web site, setting up an account with an insurance billing service, and finishing the rest of the forms. I have time. I can do it! That's The Plan.
1 comment:
very excellent plan and goals
Post a Comment