Dear Readers,
I want to learn how to write. Like most things I've wanted to learn, I've been told the best way to go about it is to just do it as much as possible.
I've been out of school for four months now, which is the longest I've been out of school since I was four years old. I'm seriously worried my brain will soon start to turn to mush, so I thought writing would be a good way to keep myself sane. Hopefully, it will also allow me to shut up my mind at night so I can sleep.
I have no real interest in academic or journal writing at the moment, although that can change. What I would love is to be able to craft an educated, evidence-based, political response to questions or misunderstandings about midwifery. I also need to create clear, comprehensive, and thoughtful informed consent documents for my practice. I have to figure out what I already know, and then try to express it in writing as eloquently as possible.
How did I manage to finish school without really learning how to write?
Anyway, I will be posting quite a bit in the near future, so if anyone wants to politely excuse themselves from reading my blog, I will understand. For those who want to hang in, please have patience with me while I sort my thoughts and figure out the best way to express them. Feedback is always welcome.
2 comments:
good for you, jen! i, too, have lost all ability to put sentences together. most of the writing i do at work is in bullet-form, so formal prose has become a challenge.
I hate that I have started relying on the auto spell-check for difficult words. But, thank goodness for www.dictionary.com!
Post a Comment