Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Married Life

So, today I went to brunch at Hometown Buffet to celebrate my grandpa's 83rd birthday. His younger sister and older brother were also there. The group of them gets together regularly, which is kind of cute. They arrive half an hour before the place opens, so they can be the first ones inside.

Anyway, so I walk in and say hi to everyone. My great-uncle takes a minute to recognize who I am and then our conversation goes like this:

Him: Hi there. Well, married life must be treating you well.
Me: It's not so bad.
Him: Well it must be good for you because you've certainly put on some weight.
Me: [surprised laugh] Gee, thanks.
Him: I just call them as I see them.

It takes me a moment and then I realize he thinks I'm my sister. LOL

Thanks, Uncle Mel.

At least he said I looked happy.

No comments: