Well, the garage sale was a success. There ended up being only three families participating in what was advertised as a "huge" block sale, but I really didn't care in the end. We made a couple hundred dollars, and most importantly, THE BED IS GONE!
We sold the bed, the armchair, and lots of just things that we no longer need or want. I'm so happy. I have a few bags of stuff to donate and this morning I stacked our remaining garage sale items all neatly in a corner in the garage. While I was in the garage, I tidied things up a bit and eventually I managed to completely unbury my treadmill. Woo hoo! Louis was showing off his defined calf muscles yesterday *eye roll* and I had to admit I was just a smidge envious of the fact that he has been keeping up with his exercise routine of jogging every other morning. Now, I can start my own morning routine of doing a walk/jog from the comfort and relative warmth of my garage. I just need to run an extension cord, set my Pandora app to club/dance music, and I'll be good to go!
Our back bedroom is so empty there is now an echo. I have a lot of paint touch-ups to do, but hopefully later this week I will be able to start setting up the toy corner, the sewing machine table, and the craft area. I've been itching to do more creative projects lately, and I decided to start on another blanket. A really good friend is expecting a baby in September, so I think I'll make a green gender-neutral baby blanket. I should be able to finish by then. I wish I was brave enough to attempt some more complex crochet patterns, but I'll just have to stick with what I know for now.
Louis and I got caught up on American Idol episodes last night. I think Casey is probably my favorite guy and Karen is my favorite girl at the moment. I'm hoping we'll actually be able to watch the live shows this week so I can vote afterwards.
3 comments:
yay on unpacking the treadmill! i was all motivated a couple of weeks ago and was using joe's treadmill a lot. then it started making grinding noises. upon inspection, it turns out the belt is off-alignment, so it's rubbing up on metal parts. gah. now i'm off it and back on my butt in front of the tv.
I was wondering about this as I used mine yesterday. Where does one go to find someone to fix a treadmill when it needs some TLC or a new part?
fantastic to hear about the successful garage sale --- a couple hundred dollars is better than no dollars. plus, getting rid of your goal item probably made it all worth it.
Post a Comment