Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Back to Work

T called me this afternoon and asked if I could come meet some of her clients, even though it was a last minute notice. Since Louis was home, the timing worked so off I went. T and I always try to get the other person to meet our respective clients toward the end of pregnancy so everyone is familiar with each other. For labor support (doula) clients, I'll be the back-up, but for T's midwifery clients, I'll be the second midwife at the birth. Tonight I met one labor support client and one home birth client of hers. It was officially my first day back at work. I felt so much more credible as a midwife but I kept worrying about Olivia and how she was doing, even though she was home with Louis. Okay, so a part of me liked being back in the proverbial saddle, but another part of me hopes I don't get called to attend these births. *sigh* I hope this gets easier.

No comments: