Thursday, November 29, 2012

Waiting

I'm waiting on a baby. 

It's been a long time since I've been on call for births.  I'll be assisting T at a home birth of a woman having her fourth baby any minute now.  My birth kit, oxygen bag, breastpump, diaper bag, and personal/food bag are all packed and ready to go.  Grandma is on standby and all I should have to do at the last minute is grab some milk out of the freezer.

My clothes are ready, the diapers have been washed, laundry is done, Christmas decorations are hung, holiday cards are addressed.  Yesterday was the full moon and the weather just changed.  Should be any moment now.

I'm a little nervous and a little excited.  I'm going back to work, yay!  Okay, it's only yay because I know I'll be leaving Olivia with either Louis or grandma.  Otherwise, I'd be totally bummed.  I still have to figure out how to pump in a strange place without interrupting the laboring mom and I have to learn to not worry about Olivia at every moment.  I think I will feel so much better to just go and get it over with.

Okay, I'm ready.

No comments: