So, our holiday cards have already gone out. I got my second holiday card in the mail from someone else today, so I don't feel weird about mailing ours so early.
But guess who is not on my good list? Sears portrait studio. Seriously, we specifically took Olivia for her six month photos weeks ago so we could avoid the holiday rush. It has been MORE THAN THREE WEEKS and our photos are still not ready. I even made a trip down there to see what was up and the guy said it was taking longer because we ordered a large photo as part of our package. Whatever. I want our photos already.
Last night, Louis and I left Olivia with grandma and grandpa (where she had a blast) and we were treated to a fancy dinner by Louis' boss. He wanted to thank Louis and another woman plus their significant others on a job well done with his city council campaign. There was a little bit of wound licking but mostly everyone praised all the others for working so hard and staying positive and ethical throughout. Dinner was really good but it was one of those places where just the entrees cost more than $30, not to mention appetizers, drinks, and dessert. I always feel guilty costing someone else so much money and usually order the cheapest thing off the menu, but fortunately last night the cheapest thing was what I really wanted anyway.
Halfway through our post-election dinner, my mom's BFF Auntie Lily walks in with her husband, son, daughter-in-law and baby grandson. The baby is just two weeks older than Olivia and even has the same bald spot on the back of his head. They sat at the next table so we could see them feeding him and it made me miss Olivia. We found out they'll be at Daoming's red egg and ginger party this weekend, so we'll see them again. What a small world!
I hope Sears calls tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment