Sunday, January 13, 2013
Too Small
Twice this week I've had friends generously offer me clothing and twice I've had to say thank you anyway, but the clothing was too small. Aurgh. I think it was awesome of my friends to offer, but I'm frustrated with myself because I'm not as healthy and fit as I should be and the size I want to be. I'm bummed that I'm not one of those women who can lose a ton of weight just from breastfeeding. I'm also feeling a little sensitive about why I feel the need to stuff myself with warm, rich, fattening foods after a birth. What's that really about? After this week's birth, I stopped for cheese enchiladas to take home and then I went on a dairy binge for the next 24 hours. It was satisfying at the time, but it totally set me back on my resolution to eat healthier. What gives? I know I gotta start taking better care of myself. I think these recent clothing failures are signs I'm probably supposed to be paying attention to. Alright, universe, I hear you. I'll try harder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment