I'm at home attempting to recover from the weekend, which included a 36 hour labor and hospital birth (with 5 hours sleep total for me), pumping in the car, an emergency complication with a homebirth client, my dad being taken to the ER, Louis' dinner with his boss, a birth for T, and a new flower bed in our front yard.
Motherhood plus midwifery has led me to discover a level of exhaustion I never knew was possible. I'm so grateful that this long birth happened over the weekend while Louis was home. I don't know how we would have managed otherwise.
My brain is toast. Every muscle in my body will ache tomorrow, I'm sure. I'm vegging on the couch with some ice cream and Big Bang Theory tonight. I gotta stay awake until the cloth diapers are finished drying.
I so hope it gets easier from now on, because being a mom and a midwife is dang hard.
2 comments:
::hugs::
is your dad ok?
Thanks. Yeah, he's home now and doing fine.
Post a Comment