Friday, April 26, 2013

Birthday

Olivia turns one in just seven days! We're busy planning her birthday party and preparing for a kitchen remodel which will begin literally as soon as the party is over.

Louis has been working in the front yard to get the lawn nice and green and lush. He'll be planting some yellow rosebushes tomorrow and taking care of some weeds with a non-toxic spray. In the backyard, we have no grass, which is kind of embarrassing. Hopefully there will be enough people and chairs and tables covering our lack of beautiful lawn that no one will really mind.

Speaking of lots of people, a whole bunch of folks haven't rsvp'd yet. What's up with that? I hate that I have to track people down to ask if they're coming. And not like friends or co-workers, but immediate family! Geez. It is so rude not to RSVP or worse, to say, "I'll try to drop by." Well, do I buy food for you or not?

Anyway, I hope it will be a nice party. Olivia has a cute little zebra dress with matching shoes to wear. I hope the weather will be nice. I remember it rained last year while I was in labor.

Olivia got her first first birthday card in the mail today! It's funny how she has no idea what's going on and how much we're trying to do this "right." My parents always made a big deal out of birthdays and holidays, in a good way, and I want to do the same with Olivia.

Back to work now. At least the entire house is getting a thorough spring cleaning.

No comments: