Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Midwife Thanks

Tonight, after Louis and Olivia went to bed, I sat down and wrote a thank you letter to my midwife. I re-read my birth story on the blog first and I was remembering the birth. One year later, I still feel like it was such a positive experience and I'm super grateful for all she did to help me during the labor, birth, and postpartum.

I also wrote a thank you card to A, my mentor from Casa and the midwife who convinced me I was ready to have a baby. She really made me believe it was possible and talked me through all my fears and doubts. I owe her a lot.

I once heard that most women will follow their midwife through a desert with no water. I don't know about it being literally true, but I think very highly of my midwife and those who mentored me. They made me want to be the best mom I could be and I'm so grateful to be Olivia's mama.

After the letters, I baked a batch of banana muffins for O from a recipe in the baby-led weaning cookbook. I hope she likes them for breakfast tomorrow.

No comments: