It really will be beautiful once it's done, but it's a bit chaotic at the moment. The kitchen is completely gutted down to the bare bones of the original subfloor and walls. My refrigerator and oven are parked in the middle of the dining room. My spices are in boxes in the garage. Our entryway is full with a table where we can eat and do some basic food prep. Even though we draped off the dining room with plastic tarps, there is a fine layer of dust EVERYWHERE in the house. It even made it upstairs and the entire office is dusty. So gross!
It's super challenging to keep Olivia from crawling on the tarps and getting into things she shouldn't touch, so we will be spending lots of time at grandma and grandpa's house over the next few weeks.
The plan is for my uncle (our contractor) to begin replacing the entire plumbing and running new pipes for our dishwasher and new sink. Next, he'll take out the two windows and put in a new, larger window in the center of the wall. Our new sink will be centered under that. There will be lots of cabinets and counter space, which will be lovely.
With the house so full already, we have several thousand dollars worth of cabinets sitting in boxes outside and I'm just praying it doesn't rain before he can get them installed. Since my uncle is doing our kitchen in the evenings and weekends around his full-time job, it will take longer than normal. He's estimating about 6 weeks.
I had a really hard time at the beginning but I'm not letting it stress me out at all. I have my dish washing routine in the bathroom sink down now. I know this is really important to Louis and I know I will enjoy it once it's done. I hope the weeks go quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment