Monday, May 27, 2013

Stressed

I'm so seriously stressed right now. Everything has piled up and it just feels overwhelming.

At the moment, our brand new cabinets are sitting out in the pouring rain with just a tarp to keep them from being ruined. There are gaping holes in the wall on the back of the house and it doesn't feel secure at all, and I just found out we're months away from having a functioning kitchen.

I'm about to transfer a client to an OB because her health is now at a point where it would be safer for her baby to be born in a hospital. Even though I know I'm doing the right thing, I'm also dreading the very real possibility of being treated like a criminal when we show up at the hospital.

We're half living at home and half living at my parents' and everything is in chaos. We're totally cash-strapped for the next week, which means I can't even buy groceries and I'm so freaking sick of eating microwaved frozen food.

My midwife's home in Colorado (where I stayed a couple years ago) nearly burned to the ground this week. Fortunately no one was hurt but the place is now completely destroyed. One of my previous preceptors and a mentor of mine just lost her husband of 52 years. He died on their anniversary and she was the one who found him.

There's just so much going on.

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time dealing with everything but I've been super emotional lately. I don't remember the last time I was this stressed. I wish I could just chill out.

No comments: