Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pumping

I stopped pumping, hooray!

It kind of happened by accident. I told myself I wanted to pump so Olivia could have breastmilk in her nightly bottle until she was one year old. The night before her birthday party, I was up through the night baking six dozen cupcakes and by the time I was ready for bed, I was too exhausted to pump. Plus, I knew I was dehydrated and it's so demoralizing to pump and not get much of anything.

Anyway, I just skipped pumping that night. And the next night. And the next. And here we are. What an awesome freeing feeling! I don't miss it at all and I didn't have any problems with engorgement.

Ah, I am free of the pump. I did it for a whole year! Wow, it's amazing how the time just passes.

I'll set aside my pump and one set of parts in case I end up at a long birth, otherwise I am done! Time to put away the bottle rack and all the bits I had to wash at night. No more! I can't believe how relieved I am. 

No comments: