Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Birthday

Holy moly. Olivia's first birthday party was this past weekend and what an adventure it was!

First, not a single person followed our "no gifts, please" request. Ha! But, our super generous friends and family were happy to contribute to the Music Together fund, which means Olivia will get to take the class AND we don't have a ton of plastic toys to return! It totally worked out. I'm almost done writing thank you cards and haven't added up the total yet, but it looks like Olivia will be able to take Music Together and baby sign language this summer AND fall and still have some left for her savings. Lucky girl!

We had so much help from our friends and family before, during, and after the party. It was awesome. I love that so many people like my baby :)

Since I like to criticize myself though, I will say that I should have done a better job organizing the food part. We didn't have enough room for all the food I bought plus the dishes that others brought, so lots of food didn't even get put out. Because of the lack of space, the fact that I wasn't involved in the last minute prep, and because of the heat, we had to throw lots of food away :( I will totally try to do a better job next time.

Olivia ate her first sugar at the party, in her very first cupcake. There was no smashing, but she seemed to really enjoy it. I used her regular goat milk yogurt as the frosting.

By the end of the day, Louis, Olivia and I (and grandma) were wiped. It was a good day, though, and I think she had fun. Geez, I can't believe my parents did this for me every year. What a ton of work! Every day I have more and more appreciation for them.

One year stats and milestones and pictures coming soon!

No comments: