Over the weekend, my uncle, his assistant, my dad, my cousin, and Louis were all helping out. I'm not sure who it was, but someone had the idea to expand the remodel into the laundry room. So, my washer and dryer are now sitting out in the backyard, along with my cleaning supplies and storage bins, which are under tarps. What a mess. The guys discovered that the part of the ceiling that hangs low over the steps leading from the garage to the kitchen is hollow and so it's coming down. No more having tall people hit their heads as they walk through, which will be good. Unfortunately, they also discovered termites in the wall where the water heater is. The plan is to replace the water heater with a tankless one and build storage shelves where the tank currently sits.
The dust still permeates most of the house. I gathered up all of the stuffed animals and soft, washable toys from the front room so I can throw them in the washing machine at grandma's tomorrow. I've been doing laundry over there this week and I guess I will plan on continuing for awhile. With the new laundry room plans, our end date has been moved out a couple more weeks :(
While the guys were working this past weekend, I headed to Home Depot to research appliances, sinks, faucets, dishwashers, and countertops. The store doesn't carry the size of single basin sink we need, so we'll have to custom order it. I think we want to go with quartz countertops and we're getting close to deciding the color but we haven't ordered it yet. I can't find any faucet I really like. I just keep seeing dollar signs everywhere. Everything we need is so expensive.
Louis and my dad keep having creative differences. They each have an idea about where things should go, what kind of material to buy, and what the priorities are. I feel very much stuck in the middle and it's very awkward.
I'm itching to start cleaning my house and putting things back together. I'm doing my best to stay calm about it all, but I'm ready for this project to be done already.
No comments:
Post a Comment