Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Great Weekend

I woke up sick with a bad cold this morning and all I wanted to do all day long was crawl back into bed and sleep. Now that Olivia is asleep, I'm wide awake and have been for hours. Figures.

This past weekend was awesome. On Friday, Olivia and I were watching Sesame Street YouTube videos when we discovered a new one (I swear I had seen every video Sesame Street ever made) of a group counting/singing to 5. We both loved the video and O requested I play it again and again and again for more than ten times. I googled the group and discovered they were on tour and had a show in Oakland the next night! The show was sold out, but there were a couple tickets available on stubhub. So, in a move that is very much not like me, I checked with my parents about watching O and bought two tickets.

On Saturday, we finished eating dinner and Louis was cleaning up after O so I snuck off and got dressed in my sparkles. When I came out, I told him he had 15 minutes to get ready because I was taking him out. He was so shocked! Fortunately he was a good sport and went along with it.

We dropped O off with my parents and I told Louis to drive, even though he had no idea where we were going. We got onto 880 only to discover it was a parking lot due to a Warriors game and an event at the coliseum and debris on the road. Gah!

We took the scenic tour through the streets of Oakland to the Fox Theater but we were really only about 10 minutes late. I was so nervous about what he would think, but halfway through the first song we heard, he leaned over and kissed my head and said it was awesome. Yay!

The group is called Pentatonix and our whole family is totally hooked. They are a group of five 20-somethings who won The Sing Off a couple years ago. They sing totally a capella. The show was *so* good. We're gonna buy their CDs and keep an eye out for more shows. It was one of the best performances I've ever seen.

Last night, we again dropped off O with her grandparents (where she has the time of her life every time), and treated Louis' boss and his wife to dinner at the House of Prime Rib in SF. I loved the food! I had never even tried prime rib before and only really started eating beef a few months ago. My piece was very well done (the only way I think I could eat it) and super flavorful. The sides and dessert were good, too. I told Louis I would go back again.

I loved having all the special time with my husband this weekend. It will last me for quite awhile. I'm so glad I just decided to go for it with the tickets and the meat. It all worked out so well. Yay, me.

No comments: