Louis got a bug in him recently about going away for "a change of scenery" and since we didn't have any major plans this weekend, we just decided to up and go. We used Priceline to get a great deal on a room at a four star resort in Santa Cruz and we left home Saturday morning and came back on Sunday night.
We picked organic strawberries from the berry farm on highway 1, played in the hotel swimming pool and spa, had a delicious kid-friendly sushi dinner followed by local, organic, unique-flavored ice cream, won a rubber duckie from the arcade at the beach boardwalk, played in the sand and collected seashells at the beach, and took a 90 minute steam engine train ride through the redwood forest.
Olivia had a blast. She had a lot of fun but she was also so much fun to be with. It was such great family time. Louis and I got to spend lots of time talking, including the whole ride home while O was asleep. I learned a few things from him this weekend and I was reminded of just how much I appreciate and love him as a husband and a dad. It was nice to see him relax.
We took a ton of pictures and can't wait to go on another family adventure. I can't get the images of 2000 year old redwoods out of my head. I haven't seen so much beautiful, peaceful nature in so long.
Everybody is going to sleep well tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment