Louis' second week of vacation starts tomorrow. It has been *awesome* having him home. The first day was really rough and we all yelled at each other a bit, but things mellowed out after that and we've had some great family time this past week. Olivia adores her dad and he's so good with her. They have a very special relationship. It's also kind of amazing to me that the more time I spend with my husband, the more I like him. We finished watching all seven seasons of the West Wing but haven't started a new program yet, so our evenings have been spent cleaning and organizing and planning and talking, after O has gone to bed. We made a deal that he would KM his clothes if I calculated our expenses for the past year so we could create a budget for next year. Well, I finished my part tonight, which means we're KMing his closet tomorrow!!! I've been wanting to go through his clothing forever. It's the one thing in our bedroom that drives me crazy and keeps it from being a peaceful space. It's not the actual clothing, though, it's that he doesn't *get it* about hanging onto unnecessary things. Please, please, please let him understand the concept tomorrow so we can make some real progress.
The budget planning has been super interesting, because I really broke down where we were spending our money. We spend a *ton* of money on food, whether it's groceries, eating out, or ordering from CSAs. Way too much money. We already know that's where we need to cut back the most. I'm thinking about setting up a budget system of cash in an envelope to keep us to a certain amount.
He's been going through our monthly bills to see if we could cut back on anything and we decided to just cut out cable altogether. It was kind of scary the first day. I turned on the tv and couldn't even get the local channels and it felt so weird. We do have Netflix, so we'll be relying on that and DVDs, which will be fine. I doubt we'll even miss it after a few days.
I finally started posting on eBay again. My items are scheduled to start tomorrow morning. I have so many things to sell and so many boxes I've been saving for shipment boxes that my office is crammed full of stuff. I'm so looking forward to clearing the space. Making some money is a nice perk.
Things are changing around here. Less is definitely more.
No comments:
Post a Comment