As we were crossing the bay bridge, I checked the comments on their event page on fb and every last comment was about how horribly crowded the event was. Not at all promising. The most recent comment I read was about how there were so many people that the Fire Marshall was called and they had evacuated the pier. Yikes. Apparently the event planners really underestimated the popularity of the event.
About that time, a friend of mine texted to say she was near the front of the line to go in, so I asked her to hold me a space. By the time we got there, it was the last hour of the event, she had already gone in, but I only had to wait in line for a few minutes and the crowd wasn't nearly as horrible as it had been earlier.
Louis and Olivia took off on their own adventure to see the sea lions and I got to check out the event by myself. I found a booth that was selling beautiful felted soaps for $14 each! I have about a dozen felted soaps in my office right now, waiting to give away. I also found a stall that had gorgeous hats made from cashmere scraps. I took a photo of the stitching, because I just want to know how to piece it all together. I have bags full of scraps in the garage. The hats were selling for $75 each!
I bought a gluten free cake mix for the fam and some really pretty earrings that I'm going to send to my old mentor in Texas. I still think about her all the time.
I brought way more money than I actually spent, which is a good thing. I truly enjoyed the event and can't wait to go to the next one. I'm also super inspired to get back to work with my wool now. Maybe someday I'll have enough items to sell!
No comments:
Post a Comment