Saturday, December 30, 2017

Mom Date

In the past week I’ve been on two mom dates! One of my best friends is an acupuncturist and has been treating Alex for a few months now. Our visits are about her, so we haven’t had much time to catch up but I met her for dinner this week after the girls went to bed. We had a great time catching up and now we want to schedule a regular monthly dinner together. Yay!

Tonight I took my mentor/big sister out to dinner at Jack London Square. I’ve had a Yoshis gift card for ever, like for so long I was afraid they would say it was too old and not honor it, but tonight I finally got to use it. We got all dressed up and went out for a date, lol. So. Much. Fun. Truly, I am convinced she is a gift from the ancestors for the majorly hard year I’ve had and for how alone I have been feeling. I’m not alone any more and I feel so much safer now that’s she’s here. I love her so fiercely. 

My mom and I took Olivia to see Coco this morning. Since I’m anticipating at least one death in the family this coming year, it was a really emotional movie. O cried and hugged me at one point. I don’t know how she’s going to handle a close death and I don’t know how to help her through it. One day at a time, I suppose. I thought it was a really beautiful movie and it was so cool to see a Mexican family in a Disney film. The grandma throwing her chancla was awesome. It was also cool to hear my mom giggling as she watched it. Heehee.

I have a lot to be grateful for today.

No comments: