Saturday, December 23, 2017

Nutcracker

Took Olivia to see her very first Nutcracker ballet today at the Paramount. We got all dressed up and met our homeschool group there. I was so proud of how O behaved today. She asked to stay through the whole show, even though it was super long. This was a special dress rehearsal performance for students to attend, and full classes of kids were being bussed in from all over. The place was packed. The noise! We sat in front of a row of public school kids who were just obnoxious. Our homeschoolers by comparison looked like angels. Seriously, it was night and day. I’m so incredibly thankful we have the privilege of homeschooling. Every time I’m around public school kids I feel so lucky. The Oakland Ballet is doing a performance in March that sounds like a ballet version of the Jungle Book. I’m looking forward to more field trips!

No comments: