The most amazing thing happened today! My mentor moved from El Paso to Oakland last week and we got together this afternoon! I used to daydream all the time about what it would be like to see her car in front of our house and today it actually happened. I am beyond excited about her living here now. She got to meet Louis and Alexandra for the first time (she met Olivia when she was about 2) and after chatting with the family a bit, she and I went out for lunch. We talked nonstop to catch up on everything going on in our lives, what our plans are, and how we can work together. She’s starting her own homebirth practice and is hoping I would be interested in being her assist. Would I!? As we talked about midwifery, it hit me again just how skilled she really is and how lucky I am for getting to attend births with her. I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning! I’ve been smiling all day!
Actually, there was one time I wasn’t thrilled and that was when I gave her a quick tour of our home, including the office. As I looked around and found myself explaining that the piles of stuff were “for Christmas,” I realized how ashamed I was at the state of my home. Why do we have so much freaking crap!! I wanted to cry when I thought about how much work I’ve put into de-cluttering our home but how you couldn’t even tell today. I’m going to join in on the next 26 week KonMari challenge on Facebook and do some serious clearing up. Not even playing around anymore. I don’t want to live like this.
At lunch today, I had the tiniest memory spark of the person I used to be during my training, before kids, and when I had a purpose. I felt genuinely happy and so hopeful about life. There is a reason she came into my life and I cannot imagine having lived without meeting her. To now have her here in my world again is everything. Life is a gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment