Thursday, November 4, 2010

Generations Midwifery Service

Well, it's official. As of November 1, 2010, I am a Licensed Midwife. The Medical Board of CA has determined that I have satisfied all the requirements for a license and I am now able to provide midwifery care to families throughout the state.

Geez, talk about taking a village. Phew.

And now, I am excited to announce I finally have a name for my practice! Unless anyone hates it or absolutely objects (speak now), my practice will be called Generations Midwifery Service. The slogan - "Midwifery care then, now, and always."

Why "generations?" Well, midwifery care has been a part of my family's culture and heritage since time began, and my role as a modern, professional midwife will help ensure that midwifery care remains accessible to all families for generations to come. Okay, that needs some refining, but you get the jist.

Woo hoo! Now it's time to get to work.

2 comments:

Crazy said...

most excellent name choice! it really describes you and i look it as a service for the future... say, Kean's babies. (awww)

carolyn said...

very cool name. Congratulations on your license! "Generations" is a good, strong choice!