Monday, November 1, 2010

Name Help!

So, I got a call from my school administrator today. I have officially graduated from midwifery school and am totally done with all my obligations. She sent word to NARM, which grants the CPM credential, and to the State of CA, which grants the license. My diploma is in the mail. I'm glad she called and helped clarify my status, but I still won't be satisfied until I have my diploma in front of me.

I also spoke with the lady from the Medical Board office. She reviewed my application for a license and found that everything was done correctly. According to her, I'm officially a Licensed Midwife and I should be listed on the state's web site tomorrow. Like my school, I'm glad she clarified things, but I still need the license in my hands! I offered to drive up to Sacramento this afternoon to pick it up, but she told me they contract with an outside company which prints the licenses, so I have to wait (argh!) to receive it in the mail.

I'll be checking the web site every hour or so tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm still trying to come up with a name for my practice so I can at least buy the domain name. Here's my brainstorming session from today:

Words I like:
Ancestry
Ancestral
Family
Lineage
Abundance
Ethnic
Cultural
Roots
Generation
Inheritance
Tradition

Things/symbols I like:
Yellow rose
Genealogy
Casa
Turquoise

How I want my practice/style described:
Compassionate
Gentle
Peaceful
Empowering
Intuitive
Individual
Respectful
Calm
Local
Political

Midwifery practice names that I like but are already taken:
Inspiration Midwifery (FL)
Full Circle
Circle of Life (OR)
Tree of Life (CA)
Heritage (MA)

My practice name will be _____ Midwifery Services, so I'm really just trying to come up with the one word that fills the blank. Or, a two-word name like "Family Tree" would be okay, too. The sooner I can come up with name, the sooner I can stop annoying everyone :)

My brainstorming list is by no means comprehensive. I would love any help or suggestions you can provide!

1 comment: