I'm still on a high from today's birth. It was my first official "assist" birth as a licensed midwife and T's first official birth as the primary midwife. We make a good team!
The dad called T this morning to say contractions were 2-3 minutes apart. Remembering my last experience with a second time mom who had a fast first labor, as soon as T called me, I threw on my clothes (skipping the shower) and flew out to my car. Not having time to warm up some water to wash off the frost on my windshield, I had to use my Macys card to scrape it off and then drive with my head out the window until it defrosted. Gotta love winter births.
The birth was a simple, beautiful, straightforward home birth, which was super nice. My socks got drenched (again!) but it was really fun. One of the highlights for me was to watch the dad catch his baby and then announce to all of us, "it's a boy!!!" They already had a girl and this baby was a surprise. It was great.
I love my job :)
4 comments:
why'd your socks get drenched?!
dk
Her water broke with a ker-splash that landed on my shoe-less foot. Then, of course, I forgot the floor was wet and stepped through it. I'm like an amniotic fluid target. It happens to me all the time.
they're going to have so much fun with their little boy!!
awe, I'm so glad you have work you love, it's inspiring :) You're great at it too!
Post a Comment