Thursday, December 2, 2010

Free Stuff

I totally scored tonight.

I was reading the Berkeley Parents Network email of stuff for sale, which also includes a section of things that people are giving away. I came across a posting for someone giving away free pregnancy and nursing things in, get this, SAN LEANDRO! I was so excited I emailed her right away. She wrote back and as it turned out, she only lives three streets away! She said the stuff was still available, so I told her I was on my way.

When I got to her house, she just started throwing things into big bags for me to take. I grabbed it all and came home to inspect the loot, since I really had no idea what I had gotten.

Not only was all her stuff totally clean, lots of it was totally new! She had multiple bottles of prenatal vitamins that don't expire for more than a year, brand new with the seal on. At the bottom of the bag, I found a receipt from Whole Foods which showed that she paid almost $30 for each bottle. She had tons of new disposable underwear, nursing pads, baby blankets, and BOOKS! I got extra copies of some of the most popular books I have in my lending library, plus a couple I didn't already have.

There was a brand new bella band, a baby carrier which looks new, and a maternity belt that one of my current clients can totally use.

How lucky am I?

I'm so excited about the stuff I've been accumulating lately. It feels really good to be getting ready to practice. Now I just have to find a place to store everything.

5 comments:

Arrowhead said...

yay!

Anonymous said...

oh that's awesome! bella band is useful. what's the maternity belt for? i've seen it but i don't get it. what kind of carrier is it? just throw away some of louis's stuff so you'll have room. jk!! don't tell him i said that :oD

dk

yellowrose15 said...

The maternity belt is like a back brace that lifts the belly up in the front to take the pressure off the back. Some of my clients swear it saved their lives at the end of pregnancy. The carrier is an Infantino Easy Rider, which is currently looking for a good home. Know anyone interested?

Crazy said...

THAT STUFF IS GOLD!! Congratulations!! i LOVED my bella band. bleh to the infantino brand easy rider --- greg's aunt got me that and it hurt my back. i didn't feel like it distributed the weight, unlike my mom's mei-tai.

carolyn said...

that's great, what a luck-out! I'm happy for you :)