I've been avoiding posting lately, because I've been in a depressive funk and I didn't want to burden anyone with my moods. Today, though, was a good day. T got her license!
Right after I got licensed on the first, the ONE person who handles midwifery licenses for California decided to take a two week vacation, leaving my BFF stranded and waiting anxiously this whole time. Finally, today everything became official. We celebrated by going out to dinner, just the two of us. We caught up on all the latest gossip from the birth world and talked about our plans. I had forgotten how hilarious she is when she's not stressed. It reminded me of when I first met her and I was so in awe that I always wanted to be around her.
And now, we're both licensed and working together! I love it. I feel like I can be more proud of my own accomplishment now.
One of the things we talked about was how we should thank our former preceptor. There is a meeting of midwives this Friday that we'll all be at, and we decided that T and I will sursprise R with a big bouquet of flowers, a gift, and a short speech. We really want to share in public how grateful we are for being able to train with her, and we want her to get her deserved recognition for helping to create two more midwives. R rides a Harley, so the gift we decided to get her is a pink rhinestone motorcycle license plate frame. I can't wait to see her reaction!
No comments:
Post a Comment