Well, that totally did not go the way we had hoped or planned. Yesterday, I drove down to Louis' office so we could share our baby news with his co-workers. The big boss was there and he said he was so excited because he felt like he was getting a new grandchild. Aww. All his co-workers were thrilled and there were lots of hugs and congrats all around. One key person was missing because he was at a meeting, but Louis said he would plan to call him later in the day.
I headed home so I could get back to my own work. As I prepared the paperwork for filing a birth certificate for my client, I happened to check Facebook and there was a post from Louis' missing co-worker about our news! Augh! I called Louis right away and we just decided to go for it and post the news ourselves, since the other guy had already started getting comments on his wall about us. Before we posted, though, we scrambled to make the last few phone calls to important people we had planned to tell in person. It felt so lame telling the news over the phone, but it sure beat any of those folks finding out about it on Facebook and being upset. Some of the people didn't answer, so I left a bunch of messages and then Louis finally posted our announcement.
Meanwhile, I was headed to the client's house to do a postpartum visit and newborn screen. There I was poking the baby's heel for a blood draw while my phone (on silent) is blowing up with returned calls, texts, and Facebook messages. Ugh! By the time I dropped the test off at Kaiser and came home to return phone calls, I was completely exhausted.
And so, I started learning my first lesson of parenthood today, that lesson being, "just let it go."
1 comment:
sometimes fb sux.
dk
Post a Comment