Friday, November 18, 2011

Blog Book

Since I am husband-less for the second weekend in a row, I decided to do something fun for myself tonight. One of my latest projects is printing out all my archived blog posts and turning each year's worth of posts into a bound book. Tonight, I got all the way up to 2010, which feels like a big accomplishment.

Reading through the posts from my first trip to Texas, I was surprised at how much complaining I did. It was definitely the most brutal trip in terms of hard work and constant exhaustion, but reading the posts again had a whole different feel now that Casa is closed. Yes, I was Texas tired, and I didn't want to be there at first, but, oh what I wouldn't give for one more day there now.

It was nice to have a different perspective after reading the old posts. I vow to be more aware of my complaining about things that are or may very well turn out to be completely unimportant in life's grand plan. I'm humbled by the fact that I don't have control over much of anything, and yet life somehow works out just the way it's supposed to. I surrender.

No comments: