Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nesting

We're almost to the halfway mark, and I've been nesting a ton lately. With lots and lots of help from grandma, the entire baby's room got set up this weekend! Louis has no idea because he's been in Vegas for the bachelor party, but I'm looking forward to surprising him when he comes home tonight. Once he sees it (and likes it, of course), I'll smudge the room with sage to help clear out any lingering energies.

Our crib, dresser, changing table, and glider are all in place. Everything is real, solid wood (no IKEA!) that was either made by my dad or picked up secondhand. The entire closet is organized and clean, the floors got scrubbed, and the windows and walls were also cleaned. It feels like such a sparkly, new room! I separated all the gender-neutral 0-3 month clothing from my stash, cut off tags, washed it all, and put it away in the dresser drawers. I know I'll probably wash it all again before the baby actually arrives, but I wanted everything in the room to be clean and fresh.

This is the first time since we've moved in that the back bedroom has one main purpose. No more clutter or storage. The room belongs to the baby! Finally, I feel like I actually have something to offer my child. We may not have a lot of money, but we can provide a clean, safe place to live. It is such a great feeling.

Grandma and I are still working on curtains and finding an oak bookshelf that fits a particular space. I have a list of things to add to the registry, but there's not much that we actually need. Our theme is froggies and duckies, or green and yellow. Aren't they cute?


No comments: