I remember hearing a client say that during early pregnancy, her morning sickness would be triggered each morning by brushing her teeth. It got better as she became more pregnant, but it was pretty horrible in the beginning. As early pregnancy came and went for me, I thought about her story and was more than a little relieved that it hadn't happened to me.
And then . . .
Recently, we ran out of toothpaste and Louis picked up a new tube, except he got Colgate instead of our usual Crest. I totally didn't think it would be a big deal, until I brushed my teeth the next morning. All of a sudden, I started gagging and choking and wanting that toothpaste rinsed out as quickly as possible. What is in that stuff!? Every time I brush now, I get the same reaction. There I am heaving and swearing over the bathroom sink while Louis just looks at me like I'm crazy, but it's not like I can help it. Gagging is such a yucky feeling.
We are so switching back to Crest ASAP.
2 comments:
was it one with baking soda? you know how you're supposed to drink baking soda water when you've eaten something toxic so you can throw it up? maybe you're just super sensitive to the small amount in it at the moment.
the last time i bought colgate, joe wouldn't touch it coz i accidentally got the one with triclosan. we're crest peoples, too.
It doesn't have baking soda, but it does have little white specks that are supposed to be "mini breath strips." So yuck.
Post a Comment