Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bye-Bye Froggy Pants

It's a sad, sad day for me.  I woke up to discover that at some point during the night, while I must have heaved myself from one side to the other, my beloved froggy pajamas pants got caught and ripped and alas, they are no more.  *sniff*

My frog pajama pants were part of a pajama set that was a gift from Sophia probably about five years ago.  The shirt didn't get worn nearly as much as the pants did, so it's still doing well.  The pants, though, may very well be the most-loved and most-used gift I've ever received.  I wore those pants all the time.  They moved with me from our old place to our new home.  They came with me three years in a row to El Paso and even up to Colorado.  At home, they were there to slip into after every birth or hard day or anytime I just wanted to relax and be comfortable.  Part of why I loved them so much was because they just fit so perfectly.  They even accompanied me comfortably through nine months of pregnancy.  Since they made me feel safe, I planned to pack them in my just-in-case hospital bag.  Everybody thought they were cute.  I totally loved my frog pants.

In the end, the pants looked very loved.  I'm kind of surprised they lasted as long as they did.  Parts of the material were so thin they were practically see-through.  The rip happened just randomly apparently, but it's jagged and not on a seam, so it would be pretty hard to repair.  I've been thinking about using the material from the pants to make some sort of project (glad rags?), but because the material is actually so thin, I'm not sure it will work.  How will I ever find a replacement?

Maybe it's a sign that I'm ready to end one phase and move on to the next.  About the same time the pants went, I started having some regular cramping and my very first bloody show.  Labor feels so close now.  Funny how that timing happened.

Oh, froggy pants, you will be missed.

No comments: