Sunday, June 10, 2012

Music

Today, Louis and Olivia enjoyed some father daughter time while I actually left the house to get some errands done.  I headed out to Party City to check out their birth announcements, since I'm not in love with the announcement we chose from Tiny Prints.  While I was on the freeway, I realized that I hadn't listened to the radio since before Olivia was born.  It was so awesome to hear music again.  I have really missed my radio listening.

Being out of the house and alone in my car felt so freeing!  While I was pregnant, I never turned the radio up very loud because I was afraid my music would stress out the baby.  I always felt guilty that I was listening to music with a beat instead of the boring classical music that's supposed to help babies' brains.  Today, I was able to crank it up guilt-free.  Wheee!

After choosing an announcement design, taking care of a few groceries, scoring some nursing bras, and picking up some cute headbands for Olivia, I came home to a very tired daddy and baby.  I think Louis got a sense of what my weekdays with the baby were like.  Poor guy looked beat.  I, on the other hand, felt great.  It was so wonderful to be able to get out into the world again.

After weeks of living in sweats and milk-stained shirts, it also felt great to put on my pre-pregnancy jeans again.  I'm looking forward to next weekend when I can get out to do something fun again.  I'm totally considering chopping off my hair.  I'm ready for a big change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the head's up about your potential haircut. i need a warning about any sudden changes otherwise i get discombobulated.

dk