I'm getting my brain back! Tonight I went to the Library-Historical Commission meeting and it was the first time in many months that I felt like my brain was fully functioning and not all fuzzed up from pregnancy. It feels good to be back.
I haven't been able to make it to very many library events lately, but I'm hoping to start bringing Olivia along. We finished the summer reading program last week and I picked up her certificate and lots of coupons and freebies for prizes. There's still another month of the program but there have already been more than 4000 kids who finished. On August 11th, there will be a huge carnival at the main library as the summer reading program's grand finale. I'm hoping Louis and Olivia and I will be able to make it. She'll be too young to appreciate the petting zoo and games and such, but at least she'll be very stimulated by all the people and chaos.
There are lots of changes going on with the SL library, as both our director and library services manager just retired. I know library jobs are hard to find, so hopefully this means someone will have a shot of moving up internally to fill either position and then someone else can take that spot.
I can't wait for Olivia to be old enough to write her name so she can get her own library card! First, though, we'll start with baby/toddler storytime.
No comments:
Post a Comment