My mentor from Casa, and my favorite midwife there came to town this past week. I had known for the past month or so that she was coming, and I was super duper excited, counting down the days like it was Christmas.
She was in town (well, Santa Cruz, actually) to visit a mutual friend because that friend is moving to London in just a couple weeks. Something about Microsoft buying Skype or whatnot. I'm super bummed that she'll be moving.
Anyway, my mentor (A) asked if we could get together, so naturally I jumped at the chance. Since I still don't have a functional house, on Saturday night I drove down and took her out to dinner. We spent hours catching up and talking about births. Even though I knew I had a two hour drive home, I stayed until way late in the night. It totally reminded me of old times when we would both sacrifice sleep to spend more time together.
On Monday, we got together again. Olivia and I drove down to Monterey to meet A and our friend (with her two babies) and we all went to the aquarium. It was a fun day :)
A is back in El Paso now and I miss her lots. I feel so lucky to have gotten to spend some time with her. She said Olivia was beautiful and she thinks I'm a good mom. Aw.
A posted some pics of her trip on Facebook and a bunch of people commented that they were bummed to learn she had been in CA and didn't call them. It turns out that during the week she was here, she only saw two people - the friend she stayed with, and me! I feel super special :)
No comments:
Post a Comment