Wednesday, November 6, 2013

On Call

We are all systems go for a November birth! I am officially on call and waiting for a baby.

This will be my first primary birth since Olivia was born. I've been to a bunch of births since then, but only as an assistant. This time, it's all me. I like my client a lot and I'm excited about meeting her baby. The grandparents will be there and I'm hecka nervous about "performing" in front of them. I think the birth will be pretty quick and straightforward (I hope, I hope!). It feels good to be a full midwife again.

Because I've been working a lot this year, I've been able to treat myself to some new instruments, a birth tub, lots of new supplies, and a new set of purple scrubs. Some things are still in the mail, and I just hope to have everything in time for the birth.

Yay, I'm a midwife again!

No comments: