He took Olivia out to a special father-daughter dinner while I was gone. Ok, that's what he calls it. I know it's just his way of avoiding the leftovers I set out for them.
Anyway, after their dinner and my prenatal, we decided to meet up at Target. Olivia took a late nap today so we needed a way for her to burn off some energy. She loved it. In fact, Target is our new favorite hangout.
She walked up and down the aisles touching and playing with EVERYthing. We checked out the toys and kids clothes and music and party supplies and Christmas decorations and the dollar bins. She had a blast and was very tired out by the time we left.
When we got close to home, we noticed that the power was out in our entire neighborhood. The wind was howling like crazy tonight. It was very scary driving up and coming into the house in total darkness. Olivia was scared for a few minutes but once we started lighting candles, she started running around saying, "happy to you!"
We couldn't do any of our normal bedtime routine, including a warm bath and books. We lit a bunch of candles and just huddled together in the front room. I ate a bowl of cereal for dinner (meh) and Olivia had her baba. Louis played a few songs on the piano and we sang but then we just sat and talked. It was really nice.
Our power finally came back on after being out for about 3 hours. I was kind of bummed but then the heater kicked on and that was good.
I definitely take for granted that we live in the U.S. and have all the comforts we could ever want. It's nice to get reminders like these every so often.
No comments:
Post a Comment